Your pre-schooler is growing every day! There are even more exciting changes ahead in your child’s life, with one of the most notable being starting pre-school.
We’ll look at what a healthy lifestyle is for a pre-school aged child. A healthy lifestyle consists of many things, including:
- A good balance of food
- Positive hygiene
- Exercise (both physical and mental)
Encouraging positive behaviours early in life will allow your child to make constructive choices as they grow up.
We also cover just how important routines are for children. Routines are much more powerful than just being the daily tasks that help you organise your day. Mealtimes, shopping and getting ready for bed all create relationships and repetition to help children develop:
- Social skills
- Communication skills
Knowing what to expect reassures your child, giving them the confidence to carry out tasks by themselves.
We’ll also guide you through preparing for pre-school, including:
- What does being ready for school actually mean?
- Will my child be physically and emotionally ready for school when the time comes?
- What could I do to make sure my child and the family are prepared?
- What resources will my child need for starting school?
- How will I cope when my child starts school?
- How will the school help me and my family to settle and feel included?