Are you finding it a challenge to put affordable and healthy food on the table?
If you are feeling the pinch when it comes to your food budget, try the suggestions from Let’s Get Cooking to keep more pounds in your pocket next time you go to the shops.
- Follow our top tips for saving money and reducing food waste. We want these resources to help you make more of the food you buy, save money and reduce food waste.
- Try using our menu planner. It’s a great way to make the most of all the ingredients you buy, and use items you have in the store cupboard, fridge and freezer.
- With a few changes to your buying and cooking habits, you could reduce your food costs, cook healthy tasty meals and help the planet by reducing avoidable food waste. Need an example? Here is a completed meal planner and the costed shopping list to go with it! In August 2022, the total cost of the food was £61.52. When we checked the prices again in August 2023, the cost had risen to £81.63. This is a 33% increase.
- Help is at hand whether you need a few food budgeting tips some tips on reducing your energy bill when you are cooking or ideas on how to use a slow cooker.
- Fancy a quick and easy meal? Why not try one of the Eggs 10 Ways suggestions? Eggs are a nutritious and inexpensive source of protein as well as being quick and versatile to cook with.
- Finally, we can also help if you need kitchen equipment alternatives or a guide to oven temperatures.
So, Let’s Get Cooking!